Buzz is committed to protecting the privacy of our users.
When you browse the web, you leave a digital footprint. It’s information about your device and the way you use it online.
We just want to let you know that we’ll collect this information about you. Most websites do this.
We use this information to deliver website or app content to you. We also use it for other things, which we think help you and us.
- Buzz Technologies Limited is registered at 78, Mill Lane, London, NW6 1AZ and our company number is 14194945.
- The words ‘our’ or ‘we’ refer to our business and our trusted partners who provide services to us; and ‘you’ refers to you as an entity. These include our:
- Technology providers such as webflow.com and HubSpot
- Social media partners such as Meta
- Advertising partners such as Gemma Bell & Company and FordoX MEDIA
What we collect (Collected when you ‘register your interest’ on the Buzz website)
- Full name
- Contact details (email, mobile number)
- When we run competitions, we will collect additional details on request such as date of birth and postcode
- Website browsing data such a what you click and what you view, your device details
- You may also have reached this website by following a link from an e-mail. When you open an email from us, we may be able to tell: that you’ve opened it and what links in the email you click on
- Your unique advertising or other identification numbers allocated to your browser or device
Why we collect this information
- This information is collected so we can understand customer demand for our product and to provide you with regular updates about how and when we will go live!
- For competitions run via social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, we will contact you to notify you about prizes and will use either your email address or mobile number to communicate this.
- You can opt out at any time via Info@onthebuzzer.com
The legal basis for processing
- We are using this data for the specific purpose of providing you a service via our product, the Buzz app, once live and therefore falls into the category of ‘legitimate interest’. If we contact you, this is because you have provided consent for us to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing Info@onthebuzzer.com.
- For competitions, ‘legitimate interests’ are using as the legal basis when promoting our business and, ultimately, we believe it is in your interests by the way of winning the competition.
- We will use and store your data for business-specific uses with our trusted colleagues and partners, where data is treated in accordance with UK privacy law.
- Working with trusted partners falls into the category of ‘legitimate interests’ to ensure we have the right and relevant capability to support you with the appropriate updates and competition information.
- We do not share your data with any third parties overseas.
- We will keep your information for as long as you wish to remain subscribed. Once our app is live, we will re-request consent and marketing preferences in-line with UK Data Protection Act requirements.
These are listed below:
- The right to access information we hold about you
- The right to request amendment of deletion of the information we hold about you
- The right to restrict what we do with your information
- The right to request your information in a common format, e.g. Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)
- We may need proof of identity to process these requests and this can be achieved by emailing Info@onthebuzzer.com
- You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about how we use your information. Contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Our website’s cookies are in-place to support quick and easy onboarding via helping you pre-populate your information, e.g. full name, email address and mobile number. A cookie is stored on your browser and contains letters and numbers.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies ensure that our website is able to function properly such as cookies which help us provide core services and features.
- Optional cookies such as cookies which support marketing and analytics. We and our partners such as TikTok use these cookies to understand what you’re interested in on our website and on social media. This is so we or our partners can personalise our marketing to you, including online advertising and email marketing.
- Analytical and performance cookies – Including but not limited to Google Analytics to improve website performance, how visitors use our website, pages visited often and to identify and prevent future errors.
Last updated: 10 July 2023
Thank you for reading this privacy notice!